Tier 2 Change of Employment

Tier 2 Change of Employment

Changing your Tier 2 employment to another employer is a complex process.

Awards and Accreditations

For foreign workers who are already in the UK on a Tier 2 General Visa and wish to change their employment role or employer, there are options available. If you wish to change to a new employer and currently are in the UK on a Tier 2 Visa you must make sure your new employer holds a Sponsorship License to satisfy that they are able to employ foreign workers.

When applying for a new job, you need to bear in mind that this will be subject to the Resident Labour Market Test which means the job will need to be advertised for a total of twenty-eight days before it can be offered to a Tier 2 visa holder, therefore it is not recommended that you should be planning to leave your current job until your new job is secured. Changing jobs while you are on a Tier 2 Visa is a complicated process which is why we recommend you seek legal advice when planning to do so.

Unlike your initial entry clearance application, you will not need evidence such as proof of English Language ability.

Sterling Immigration can make the in-country application process smooth and stress free. We often submit Tier 2 Change of Employment applications and frequently use the same-day premium service option.

One of our immigration experts will assist with checking your eligibility, discussing your options with a view to get your application started. We will complete your form, guide and support you to collect all the relevant documentation and draft persuasive legal arguments in support of your application. We will check that your Sponsor is licensed to employ you for this type of work and liaise with the Home Office on your behalf.

For further information, please schedule a consultation.

Contact Us

UK Legal Advice