Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa
The Tier 1 Entrepreneur category closed to new entry clearance applicants on 29 March 2019.
Awards and Accreditations
With friendly business regulations, competitive tax environment, an educated workforce and renowned legal and financial systems, the UK is one of the most attractive destinations in the world for entrepreneurs to set up and grow their businesses.
Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa Requirements
If you are keen to set up a business in the UK or wish to invest in an existing business, the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa may be the appropriate visa for you. An Applicant must:
- Have access to a minimum of £200,000 in investment funds.
- Submit a detailed business plan and financials in support of their application
- Score 95 points on the Tier 1 Entrepreneur points grid.
- Intend to invest their money into a viable UK business.
- Intend to actively manage the business.
Prove that they are a genuine entrepreneur. This test involves an assessment of the entrepreneur’s background, business plan and supporting evidence. In some circumstances, an interview may be required.
Advantages of the Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa
- Modest investment requirement of £200,000
- Fast processing times – between 1 and 30 days.
- Ability to include dependents – spouse/partner and children under 18.
- Accelerated permanent residence options available.
- Secure British Citizenship after 6 years lawful residence in the UK.
- Access to the UK’s world-class health care and education systems.
In some circumstances, Sterling Immigration can offer a business matching service for entrepreneurs who have yet to decide on the type of business they want to set up in the UK. We will work with you to identify a suitable option and conduct necessary due diligence checks.
Our inward investment team includes accountants, lawyers and international tax specialists who are experts in drafting persuasive Tier 1 Entrepreneur business plans.
In addition to preparing a strong immigration application and legal submissions, our team will ascertain if there are wider tax issues you should be aware of ahead of any move to the UK. We will also ensure that you structure and incorporate your company correctly and provide ongoing support including audits and compliance checks.
Please contact us for more information or schedule a consultation.