Sponsor Licenses for Start-Ups

Sponsor Licenses for Start-Ups

Sponsor Licenses can be submitted for new and recently established UK businesses

Awards and Accreditations

Sponsors Licence

If you want to employ a member of staff from outside EEA (European Economic Area), you will first need to apply for a Sponsor License.

As part of the application process, an organization must prove that they have effective human resources, recruitment, record-keeping, reporting and regulatory systems in place and can comply with their duties as a sponsor. Failure to abide by the conditions of the Sponsor License can lead to revocation of the license as well as monetary fines and inclusion on a black-list of employers found to be in non-compliance.

After filing an application for a Sponsor License, an organization may then be subject to an audit or compliance visit from the Home Office, who will assess whether or not to grant the licence.

Resident Labour Market Test

Once an organization has secured a Sponsor License, they must demonstrate that they have advertised the vacancy in accordance with the guidance provided by the Home Office and tried to hire British citizens first. This is known as the Resident Labour Market Test.

There are certain exemptions to the Resident Labour Market test such as when the vacancy is for a job on the shortage occupation list, is an Intra-Company Transfer, or the salary is in excess of £159,600. Failure to advertise the position using the methods required by the Home Office may lead to an employer’s Sponsor License being revoked.

Certificate of Sponsorship

If an employer cannot find a suitable skilled worker after having conducted an advertising campaign, they then need to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS).

Once a CoS has been issued, we would assist the individual who has been offered the job, to file the appropriate visa application.

Our Services

Sterling Immigration manage the entire Sponsor License application process, Resident Labour Market Test and CoS issuance for a number of small, medium and large employers.

Contact Us

UK Legal Advice