Sponsor License Application

Sponsor License Application

We help your business to hire qualified  international talent and while remaining compliant with UK law.

Awards and Accreditations

In order to employ skilled workers from outside the UK and EU, British employers must first apply to UK Visas and Immigration for a sponsor licence.

Eligibility requirements for a Sponsor Licence?

In order to obtain a sponsor licence, you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that you are a genuine organization operating lawfully in the UK. These documents may include your incorporation certificate, business bank statements and VAT number among others. Your company must also have a history of good workplace practices and must be capable of providing genuine employment at the appropriate level of pay. 

UKVI will assess your company history and background and examine your current HR practices in order to make sure that you are able to fulfil your sponsor duties.

Key elements of a Sponsor Licence application

Sponsor license applications are usually processed within 8 weeks. 

As part of the sponsor licence application process, UK Visas and Immigration may conduct a telephone interview or site visit to confirm that your company satisfies the sponsorship criteria.

A sponsor licence is valid for 4 years, after which you will need to apply for a Sponsor Licence Renewal.

If you fail to meet your sponsorship responsibilities, you could lose your licence.

How our immigration lawyers can help

Our legal team will assist your business to obtain the correct sponsor license, maintain your license and ensure compliance with your sponsorship duties.

We will advise you regarding the correct company-related documentation to provide in support of a sponsor licence application. We will also prepare persuasive legal submissions and will communicate your recruitment and HR needs effectively to UKVI.

Call us on 0208 099 7560 or complete the online contact form to learn more about how we can help your business remain in compliance with UK immigration law.

Contact Us

UK Legal Advice